Processing on the legal basis of ‘legitimate interests’ (Article 6.1 (f) and ‘necessary for contract (Article 6.1 (b) of the GDPR.
In simple terms the legal basis of ‘legitimate interests’ means that the processing is necessary to provide the services Secure Access Technologies Ltd provides as a specialist supplier of Access Control, CCTV, Door Entry, Security Systems and associated accessories to UK based installers.
To do this, we may collect and keep a record of personal data about you from our telephone conversations, emails and written communications. You may be required to provide certain information such as;
•name and job title
• company name
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Please let us know if any of your personal data changes or is inaccurate so that we may keep your records up-to-date.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
• to provide you with a quotation
• to process any orders placed by you
• to communicate with you
• for maintaining our internal records.
• to improve our products and services.
• to perform analytics form Google* for website performance, your interest in specific product types, customise our website in accordance with your interests or special offers for instance.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. If you do not agree to your data being used in this way, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Secure Access at the address in controlling your personal information below.
* Please note that Google analytics terms do not allow for data that may identify someone to be passed to them. See the Data Confidentiality section:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB although you can still opt-out.
Your personal data may be shared with a third party under events that for example might include:
• we were to sell or buy any business or assets
• if Secure Access Technologies Ltd and its assets were acquired by a third party
• if we are under legal duty
• if we needed to enforce our terms and conditions of trade
• any other such agreements which may include fraud protection or credit risk reduction
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We use email monitoring and blocking software via a third party. Emails sent to us, including attachments, may be monitored and used by us and our third party for monitoring compliance and managing security in line with our policies.
Necessary for Contract
In simple terms the legal basis of ‘necessary for contract’ means that the processing is necessary to fulfil the contract that we have agreed or need to enter into with you.
Processing based on this basis includes:
• Name and address for delivery of goods/services
• Contract details for communication purposes
• Payment details for goods/services
• Financial details for credit scoring
Retention/Accuracy & Timely Processing of Data
Unless there are overriding legal requirements, we retain your personal data only for as long as necessary in light of the purposes for which that data is collected & processed e.g.
• Complete the service/s requested
• Perform our legal obligation by retaining minimal information on a suppression list to maintain your contract preferences
Regular reviews of files will be done and when data is out of date, irrelevant or no longer required it will be removed and securely disposed of confidentially (i.e. shredded). Similarly any unnecessary or out-of-date electronic records will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and organisational procedures to safeguard personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, damage or destruction.
In respect of data collected from our website, we use standard technology called ‘Cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the computer’s hard drive. We need this information to identify you and to store information about the products you view between visits. This helps us to improve our service to you. Although most browsers automatically accept cookies you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. If you do turn cookies off, however, this may limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not transfer the personal data we collect to any other entity outside of the EEA.
Right of access
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (subject to certain exemptions). A charge of £10 is made for these requests. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Secure Access Technologies Limited, Pipetech House, Unit 8, Bentalls Business Centre, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3BN or email email@example.com.
Right of rectification
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right of restriction/objection
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information under the following circumstances:
• Accuracy is contested
• Your personal information is no longer needed by us, but you require it to be kept for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
Secure Access Technologies Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure tha